Life as usual for many was disrupted by the eruption at Taal Volcano, which forced some 7,700 people to take shelter in evacuation centers.
Residents bathe and clean ash-coated farm animals in Taal lake after rescuing them from a farm in Barangay Bignay, Batangas on Monday, following Taal Volcano’s eruption. The STAR/Miguel De Guzman
In total, around 300,000 individuals have been targeted for evacuation, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council told reporters in a text message.
Here is a running list of relief initiatives where you can help out.
1. Provincial Government of Batangas What: Donations in kind Where: Provincial Sports Complex, Bolbok PDRRMO Hotline: 043-786-0693 / 043-733-9350 (For cash donations, contact Ms. Joy Montalbo, Provincial Social Welfare and Development Office Department Head, at +639209457654)
2. DSWD Calabarzon What: Volunteers for repacking of goods When: 8:00 a.m. onwards starting January 14 Where: DSWD Field Office IV-A Warehouse, Brgy. Gregoria de Jesus, GMA, Cavite (in front of Barangay Hall) OR National Resource Operations Center, Chapel Road, Pasay City
3. Rotaract Clubs of Rotary International District 3800 What: Donations in kind (N95 Dust masks, Usable clothes, Blankets, and Slippers, Food packs and Water, Flashlights and Batteries, Medicines, Hygiene kits) When: Today until Tuesday, January 14 Donations go to Rotaract Club of San Pedro and Rotaract Club of Taal-Lemery (Contact District Officers Julie Abante at 09457541148 and Christine Nicolas at 09772069811 for meetups)
4. Order of the Friars Minor – Justice, Peace and Integrity of Creation What: Donations in kind (N95 Dust masks, Usable clothes, Blankets, and Slippers, Food packs and Water, Flashlights and Batteries, Medicines, Hygiene kits) Where: Drop-off points at Mother Barbara Micarelli Community, San Miguel, Sto. Tomas, 4234 Batangas OR St. Lawrence of Brindisi House, Tagaytay City, 4120 (Mother Barbara Micarelli Community may be contacted at (043) 8778-2452 while the latter at +63 46 8413-1260 OR +63 46 8860-1419)
5. Southern Tagalog Serve the People Corps What: Volunteer assistance, donations in kind and cash assistance Where: Drop-off points in collaboration with other organizations are at UPLB USC Office, UPLB AUPAEU at UPLB SU Canteen, Steward, Inc. Cabuyao Laguna, CVSU (Cavite Campuses), Aloysius Baez Educational Center (9039 Wheat St. Cor. Timothy St. Camella Homes, Banlic) Union of Theological Seminary, Dasmariñas Cavite and KLARA Cooperative Hall, Batangas Pier Cash assistance may be deposited in the following accounts: GCash (09125985323); PayMaya (09125985323); BPI Family Savings Account, Casey Anne Cruz (6376274819); Landbank Account, Joecel G. Darm (SA 0506145139) (Southern Tagalog Serve the People Corps may be contacted on their Facebook page or through +63 90 8140-6733)
6. Don Bosco Makati Pastoral Office What: Donations in kind (bath soap, shampoo, bottled water, masks, clean and decent clothes, blankets and sleeping mats, food packs of cup noodles, easy to open canned goods, and bread.) When: 3:00 p.m., January 13, 2020 until 8:00 a.m. of January 14, 2020 Where: Gate 2, Don Bosco Makati Campus, Chino Roces Ave, Makati, 1230 Metro Manila
7. Rotaract Club of San Pedro East 3820 What: Donations in cash and kind (N95 dust mask, usable clothes, blankets and slippers, non-perishable food and water, flashlight and batteries, medicine, hygiene kits) Where: The Laguna site is at the Fil-Em Building, #8 J. Luna Street, Poblacion, City of San Pedro, Laguna; while the Metro Manila site is at the Makati Rotary Club Foundation Inc. Building at Camia Street, Guadalupe Viejo, Makati City (For inquiries, you may contact Bhea Santiago for the Laguna site at 0906 823 7737 and Kash Gana for the Metro Manila site at 0916 373 2717.)
8. Caritas Manila What: Donations in cash or kind (rice, munggo, sugar, salt, pancit, malunggay, kalabasa, bihon, canned vegetables, dried fish, flashlights, rechargeable batteries, lamps, clean water, hygiene items, blankets and mosquito nets) Where: Caritas Manila Office, 2002 Jesus St., Pandacan, Manila Online donations can be accessed via this link under the “Caritas Damayan Taal Volcano” campaign Bank transactions may be deposited under the savings account name Caritas Manila, Inc. through BDO (5600-45905); BPI (3063-5357-01); Metrobank (175-3-17506954-3) (For dollar accounts, transactions may deposited through BDO (3064-0033-55) under swift code “BOPIPHMM” or PNP (10-856-660002-5) under swift code ” PNBMPHMM”)
9. PETA Asia What: Donations in kind (telescope, dog and cat food, face masks, leashes and collars) When: 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Where: PETA Asia, Unit 706, Fedman Building, 199 Salcedo Street, Legaspi Village, Makati (For questions, you may contact telephone number 8817-5292)
For those in Metro Manila, Interior Secretary Eduardo Año also called on the public to donate clean drinking water, food, medicines and basic essentials (tents, mats, blankets, water containers, cooking pots, etc.) for those currently in evacuation centers.
Donations may be coursed through the Department of Social Welfare and Development or to their respective local government units, he said.
This list will be updated as the situation develops.
Found this article interesting? Share it with your friends! 👍🏼